There were a few more bamboo plants to be transplanted this morning, so bright and early I got to it. After placing the first few in the ground, I poured some water that had been sitting out and nourishing other plants. As I watched the muddy water cascade over the lip of the bucket, out poured a fat, juicy tadpole. I lost track of him for a second until I saw his struggles as the water unmercifully disappeared into the sand. "Oh, no, Mr. Wiggles, don't despair" I shouted as I scooped him up and placed him back into the awaiting bucket. Then we hopped on the tractor, which had been magically transported into an ambulance, and rushed to the pond. When I gently tilted the bucket enough to let Mr Wiggles escape into the largest home he had ever seen, three of his siblings followed.
I drove home full of the smug satisfaction of one who has just saved not only one life, but four.
No comments:
Post a Comment