A call from my good friend, Barbara is always a welcome surprise, and this time was no exception. She had the good fortune of being asked to help out Susie Stewart, who had an overgrowth problem in her water feature. Some lovely water plants had grown over the edge of their buckets and overtaken her goldfish pond. And who better to call than Wandering Spirit Trails, the place to go to get rid of extra flora.
Barbara and I went over about 2:00 in the afternoon. In July. In Texas. Not the best of conditions, or decisions. But the offer of free stuff has often been the downfall of many. Nevertheless, we got there, wrestled with the beauties, cut their roots, trimmed their broken stems, and even found an egg in the bottom of the pond. We filled the back of the truck, and, fortunately, about the time I got dizzy and Barbara got red faced, it was time to quit. We spent about 20 minutes discussing the name of the plants, came to the realization that none of us knew, then I drove home, wondering if it was legal to drive under the influence of Texas heat. Then I unloaded all and put in large galvanized buckets, and the next morning set off to the pond to plant them. That went well, and thus ends the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment