Today I did the only thing I could do in this heat... Use the tractor's bush hog to cut down unwanted weeds. Early in the morning. I cut about an acre of Goat Weed along with two young mesquite trees.
I learned that I should limit myself to the early morning when yesterday I went out to transplant bamboo. It was the morning, and a lot of weeds had grown up around the bamboo planted against the fence. I planted them for the purpose of blocking off an ugly oil company's tanks. After bush hogging and transplanting about six young bamboo shoots, I got dizzy and out of breath. I had to lean on the tractor's wheel until it passed. Once it did, I got off the tractor to do "just one more" and got out of breath just walking to the plant. I decided that was enough, and rode back to the house. Once inside I got a glass of Gatoraide and slid down to the cool wooden floor. That wasn't enough so I laid out flat. That did the trick. I realized my limit. Damn limiting body. Only early a.m. work for a few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment