Thursday, August 14, 2014

Before and After

Every day (that's my story and I'm sticking to it) I go down to feed the fish. Today I counted 14 hugh catfish -it't time to harvest some of them. When I arrived at the pond's edge, a young gray heron was startled away. And I was struck at the difference between when I started and today. Last year I had made a trip to Colorado and brought back a cat tail. I walked it to the pond, scattered it's seeds and gave them a blessing in the hopes that they would spring forth life. Boy did they spring... And now, I have arrived from a visit to California with a gallon baggie full of seeds. I will plant them this fall and hopefully the blessing will work on them as well.

Anyway, here's some before and after shots"

















Before. The view from the north.



O.K. This is not my tank. I took this shot on a recent trip to California's Huntington Gardens. But it is a good inspiration/goal.


This is, however, the tank. It's a good start, and the cattails and water lilies love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment