But first, the story of the tractor..
I got a flat on the tractor's rear tire, so I loaded it up and took it to Adamcik's station. A real throwback to the times when there were real service stations. Two brothers run it, Fred and Larry,you can see them above.
Anyhow, I pulled into the station and started chatting with one of the brothers, with my back to the truck and trailer. Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, my outfit started rolling away. Panicked, I thought of how stupid I would look for stepping out of the truck and leaving it in drive. As quick as a flash I jumped toward the drivers door, already ready to open the door, jump in, put on the break and throw it in park. As I reached for the handle, I saw the tanned elbow of Fred hanging out the window. He was driving it to a better spot so they could work on it.
When I realized what had happened, I bent over laughing, slapped the elbow of the driver and hung my head as I walked back to my mechanic. Through his giggles, he said something like: "You move pretty quick for an old lady." I think he said "girl", but I'm pretty sure he was thinking "old lady".
"Sorry, we should have told you that we were moving it" Larry said. I told him that not really, they had no idea I would do something that stupid. I think those guys are going to remember me.

This is just a pretty fern I planted last week.
This is the trail I cut from the first tank looking back to my house.And this is the trail I cut this morning leading from the tunnel to the second tank. Remember, non-Texans, a tank is another word for pond.


No comments:
Post a Comment