After yesterday's debacle I decided to work on dry land. With the drought in full swing, it wasn't hard to find. Dry, dusty, windy land. But never mind, I wasn't sinking and I wasn't stuck. What I did was go across to the neighbors field and avail myself of free used fence posts. Don Penchek was re-doing his fencing, and the fence guy was pulling what looked to me like perfectly good 6 foot posts. Not one to waste much, I took my trusty tractor with the front end loader over and picked out the best of the best. I've always wanted a zig-zag fence (Lord only knows what that design is really called). All I had to do was load about 4 in the scoop, dump them in the trailer, repeat a dozen times, and haul the trailer back home. Then one has to unload them, and simply stack them. Easy Peasy, Japanesey. This went incredibly fast, and looks fantastic. I now am over halfway to the goal of enclosing my front yard so that the alpacas will have more grazing, and we won't have to mow as much.

Beautiful!!
ReplyDelete