Tuesday, November 19, 2013

ROLL 'EM ROLL 'EM...ROLL 'EM

Today was simple work. All I did was place logs on the terraced walls. Not even interesting enough to take a picture. But I did have a good idea. Some of these logs are very heavy, about a foot in diameter and 8 ft. long. When I push them from one terrace down to the next level, they often get stuck. So I placed two smooth logs perpendicular to the direction I wanted the heavy ones to roll. Sort of like a sled. Then I rolled them down the sled. Voila! smooth rolling.
Today I placed all the logs I had, and next trip will fetch some more, and hopefully be finished within a week.  But I have been looking at the other side of the tank, and it is eroding fairly quickly. It may need at least one big terrace. But I will think about that tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment