Now that the opressive heat is over, I can begin working on the park again. No, wait...these last two days have been too cold. Frost on the ground is my visual sign that it's too cold to go outside.
However, I was able to accomplish a few things in the short Texas fall season.
Brick laying sounds hard, but if you are only placing them on the ground in a pleasant pattern, it can be Zen-like. I started with a radiating star pattern with full sized bricks,and then filled in the spaces between the rays with broken bricks in a random pattern. This went amazingly fast, only took a few hours. And when you are outside alone in the woods with only the gentle breeze, chirping birds and curious butterflies to keep you company, you are not alone.
The terracing of the large pond was put on hold until the heat dissipated. Low and behold, it did, which, each year, is always a pleasant surprise. I was able to get some more logs from the neighbors across the street and lay them out for the retaining wall. That project is coming along swimmingly. Probably two more trailer loads of these used fence posts and I will be done. If the past is any indicator of the future, my estimate of two more loads means four more loads... And the ugly factory in the background will be hidden by bamboo (probably)


No comments:
Post a Comment