Thursday, March 21, 2013

Don't Make Me Go Inside

Woken by a clap of thunder about 4am Wednesday morning, I had been dreaming of writing a poem about my love of Nature. I could remember the premise of switching senses with the object of the sense, and I could remember the first couple of lines.  As soon as I got up, I went to the computer and finished the poem. It goes something like this:




To breathe, I use the sun’s sweet light
I run through smells with all my might
I hug the wind and kiss the rain
I melt in grass and taste it’s stain
I listen to the ever-changing cloud
And closely watch the sound of birds aloud

Please don’t make me go inside

For that, I simply won’t abide
It makes me feel just like I’m tied
Bound by rules I can’t understand
I’d rather be dancing with the sand

Please don’t make me go inside


By Miss Charlie






No comments:

Post a Comment