Now is a good time to start consolidating my daily blogs into something more interesting. No sense in just writing "I spread mulch today" over and over. So in the interest of making things more compact, I will relate the happenings more on a weekly scale.
I spread mulch this week.
I added just a couple of more loads ($15.00 worth), but I think I am done. I may have to thicken a few shallow spots, but the heavy hauling is over. Now I need to convert all those wood chips to soil. First, I will find some manure to mix with it. Hopefully I will find some free manure, which can't be too hard. Who wants a lot of animal dung around? If that fails, I know where I can get my trailer loaded for $40.00. I love my trailer. It has saved me countless delivery charges.
Then the next step will be to learn how to make soil from free stuff. Rumor has it that one should add lime, and/or bone meal. It shouldn't be hard to research that. The hard part is getting the time in which to do it. Story of my life. If only I was cloned into 3 other people, then I could pursue all the things I'm interested in.
A more interesting thing happened the previous week. David Vogel, a Texas Master Naturalist came out to the property to give me advice on how to prevent it from ever being developed. After a pleasant stroll through the property David said it was too small an acreage for the Prairie Preservation to be interested in, but to consider applying for a CP30 - no wait, that's a Star Wars droid. He ment form a tax exempt corporation to manage the park and then have restrictions that prevent development when I sell the property or die, whichever comes first. If all goes as planned, it will be when I die. Than's going to be an interesting experience... I'll let you know what happens.
Mr. Vogel also told me about becoming a Texas Master Naturalist. I would have to take courses and get certified, which actually sounds fun. Their website is http://txmn.org/. It would be great to have that title after my name. People would have to start calling me Miss Charlie, the Texas Master Naturalist instead of "that bitch".

No comments:
Post a Comment