Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mulch

View from the tractor
Today was pretty simple. I went to the recycling center, got three scoops of mulch (which was as much as my 16' trailer can hold), unloaded it along the newly terraced section and repeated. The mulch is in little repetitive piles along the length of the top terrace, which should make it relatively easy to spread.
I still need to terrace one more section on the east side, then all of the west side, which probably will come out to two or three levels, as opposed to the 5 levels on the east side.




I did have one disappointing minute earlier today. I called the County judge, Ed Janeck. to see what  needed to be done to donate the property to the County when I die. He basically said that the whole county is like a park, and the expense of keeping a park would make it unwanted. However, he said there was an organization who's purpose was to preserve land, Prarie lands Conservatory, or something like that. The good judge said he would have them call me. I looked up the organization on line and they specialize in land in the Midwest. However, after a hour or so of disappointment, I figure by the time I am through with this, it will be such a magical place, that it will be worth the upkeep the County may have to put out. I wish we were a culture that valued beauty as much as we valued the dollar.





No comments:

Post a Comment