Today I took it upon myself to finish the lowest terrace on the east bank. I had asked Barbara Smith over to give me her opinion of the design of the terraces - the depth and with and such. She did have a good idea about how to hold up the walls. I'm going to line the vertical walls with sticks, twigs, and logs held against it tight with stakes. This will give it that natural look I am going for. The next stage is getting tons more mulch, spreading it out, mixing in some sand, and letting it set for a while.
I also drove the tractor in the wooded area to see how many logs I will have to use. So while I was pushing around some 3 or 4 year old brush piles to get the strait branches from them, I saw that they had made wonderful soil all around. I will mix this with the sand and mulch, also. After finding several nice logs, I carried them back to the tank, laid them down at the top of the berm to be placed later.
You'll never convince me that Wandering Spirit Trails is not full of fairies.

No comments:
Post a Comment